President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday, 5th October, approved some new ‘goodies’ for Nigerian teachers on the occasion of the 2020 World Teachers Day.
According to the President, the new approval is in recognition of the roles of teachers in nation-building and to encourage them in delivering better service.
The new approvals were disclosed in Abuja by the Minister of Education Adamu Adamu, who represented the President during the occasion of the 2020 World Teachers Day.
Below are five things the President approved for teachers in Nigeria.
1. President Buhari approved a special salary scale for teachers.
2. He increased the years of service for teachers from 35 years to 40 years.
3. He approved free tuition for children of teachers.
4. Automatic employment for graduate teachers.
5. Retirement age for teachers was also increased from 60 to 65.
Click here to read details of the President’s speech to teachers on Monday which was delivered by the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu.