In general, good governance is perceived as a normative principle of administrative law, which obliges the state to perform its functions in a manner that promotes the values of efficiency, no corruptibility, and responsiveness to civil society. It’s therefore a principle that is largely associated with statecraft. While the government is not obliged to substantively deliver any public goods, it must ensure that the processes for the identification and delivery of such goods are concrete in terms of being responsive to public demands.
Gov Ugwuanyi, being transparent in the allocation of resources and being equitable in the distribution of goods is an uncommon feat and very exemplary. The manner through which he managed to maintain good governance in Enugu has also been espoused in the context of the internal operations of private sector organizations. In this way therefore, His Excellency, the governor incorporate his decision-making strategies in the integration of the his principle of good governance to ensure that stakeholders and public interests, that is, public limited companies and employees taken into good account.
However, let consider some of unbiased informative policies that held Enugu state to the path of glory, establishment, development and growth. these factors could be seen below:
I. Ugwuanyi’s administrative approval for the full participation in governance of Enugu state by the citizens of the state: His Excellency, ensured the participation both the men and women in the running of the state aparatus, is a key cornerstone of good governance. Participation could be either direct or through legitimate intermediate institutions or representatives. It is important to point that the administration of H.E Rt Hon Dr Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, has brought in to Enugu a representative and participatory democracy, this mean that the concerns of the most vulnerable in the society have been carefully taken into proper consideration in decision making.
2. Ugwuanyi’s uphold of the rule of law; an indices that guarantee the total separation of powers and act of checks and balances under his watch: His Excellency’s good governance in Enugu state has continue to ensure fair legal frameworks that are enforced impartially. He has equally under his watch, requested for the full protection of human rights, particularly those of the minorities. His impartial enforcement of the laws gave credibility to the independent of the state judiciary and the state assembly.
3. Responsiveness of the Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s administration to all matters thereto, are uncommonly unprecedented: His Excellency’s principle of good governance in Enugu has institutionalized the processes to serve the state in the best interests within a reasonable timeframe.
4. Ugwuanyi’s principle of transparency in the allocation of the state resources, is a painstaking and has received overall boost from the state and non state actors: The administration of H.E Rt. Hon Dr Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi in transparency rating globally community has introduced a purposeful decision making and their enforcement in a manner that follows rules and certified regulations. This also mean that under the watch of the governor, that information is freely available and directly accessible to those who will be affected by such decisions and their enforcement. It also means that enough information is provided and that it is provided in easily understandable forms and media.
5. Ugwuanyi’s consensus oriented in the art of management system: there are several actors and as many view points in given society. His Excellency’s good governance has radiated the mediation of the different interests in society to reach a broad consensus in nation building on what is in the best interest of the whole national values and how this can be achieved. An immediate example of how he navigated the heavy task of stabilizing the PDP, during the party’s last national convention which the governor chaired the zoning committee that led to the consensus adoption of all the elected officers, almost.
6. Ugwuanyi’s equity born desire and leadership inclusiveness: His Excellency’s vision for Ndi Enugu well being depends on ensuring that all citizens feels that they have a stake in his administration, and do not feel excluded from the mainstream of society. This requires all groups, but particularly the most vulnerable, have opportunities to improve or maintain their well being. The governor’s effectiveness, efficiency and accountability has kept the state surviving, even with the paucity of resources to providing governance to the people, yet he provided the best solution to mitigating the yearnings of the state. The question remains; is there anyone in leadership position in the Southeast as prudent and resourceful as Ugwuanyi?
Bibian Anekwe news added; “Leaders see everything with a leadership bias. Their focus is on mobilizing people and leveraging resources to achieve their goals rather than on using their own individual efforts.”
Prince Ugochukwu Nwanjoku.